Tuesday 5 February 2008

Change of plans...

New Zealand is coming to an end...With a huge stone in my stomach I am packing my bag. Yes, I am truly looking forward to move on, but I am sad to leave. So you might read some sadness in between the lines in my two new posts although I have very much enjoyed both Hopewell as my last trip!

So what's the plan Maaike? Well, I was suppose to be in Tahiti at this very moment, but I am not...I changed my ticket because it turned out I could fly straight to Chile instead of via Tahiti. And I didn't like the sound of Tahiti to begin with (honeymoon island, very expensive and wrong season to go). So new plan: I am flying to Santiago tomorrow where I will start my South American adventure. Hopefully with enough Spanish (I can say my name, say what I do for a living, order drinks, ask for directions and say how many children I have...) but certainly with heaps of energy and excitement!

So next post: either Chile or Bolivia!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maaike,

It's hard leaving NZ isn't it? Ellie and I were so sad to leave as well. The hiking and the caving sound great!

Have fun speaking spanish in South Amnerica!