Monday 3 November 2008

Cass Saddle / Lagoon Saddle


The other weekend New Zealand had a long weekend (three days off!) so Berit and I decided to make the most of it and head out of town for a overnight tramping trip. The day before we left the weather was horrible which made me feel like cooking which resulted in a culinaire feast on the tramp itself. Berit nor I ever had a home made 3 course meal while tramping and I think some of the people in the hut were very surprised too to say the least (if not jealous...!) Especially when I took out the bottle of wine (ok ok, for this occasion in a plastic bottle to keep the weight down)

The trip was in one word superb. Since it was really bad weather the day before, we had heaps of snow and it was freezing on the first day and almost summer on the second day. The rivers were quite high, so we got to practise our rivercrossing skills...The track was very diverse (forrest, tussock, riverbeds etc) and I was in great company: Berit and I had some good chats and great laughs.

But I guess pictures say it all...And considering that the sun was too bright to see what pictures you were taking I think we did pretty good!























5 comments:

patrick said...

Wow, what a beautiful country you live in.. excellent pics :)

Anonymous said...

So I hear you are trying to see if a Dutch physio has any job opportunities in NZ?

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous.

Anonymous said...

Ha Maaike,

Fantastisch om te lezen dat je het zo naar je zin hebt!!!!

Enne,... 't is Roeland...
;)

Heel veel liefs,
Petra

Anonymous said...

Hey chick, jij hebt daar gewoon sneeuw!!! Haha echt te bizar om te beseffen want hier is 't wegsmelten geblazen... haha. Hey thanks voor de introductie van Sjoerd op mijn blog, zijn feedback was erg fijn om te lezen :-) Dus Sjoerd, als je dit leest: THANKS!! (Ik kon je mailadres niet achterhalen, dus dan maar ff zo). Dikke lebber uit Nigeria