Tuesday 25 November 2008

Castle Hill


Time flies when you are having fun!! So just a brief post about 3 weeks ago when I went bouldering at Castle Hill with Hamish, Amy, Steve, Michelle, Belinda and Patrick. Bouldering is climbing without a rope (I can read my sisters and my mums mind now: 'and WHY would you do that, you fool?').

Basically it is climbing but you stay low at the ground and you focus a lot on your technique: so you don't really climb high up, but more short climbs while someone can still catch you if you fall. Which I did of course, and I cut my hands open. I managed to do some great stuff and got stuck at the end at this rock which just did not agree with me...damn. Have to go back.

Truly a great sunday: Steve, Michelle and Belinda were hilarous (one picture Steve is helping Michelle...as good boyfriends do!) and especially Hamish -and yes also Patrick- were in great form. Im such a beginner...But hey, they might be better rock climbers, I'm better at climbing trees and houses...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Griezel. Jij gelooft in opvangen?! Optimist. Ze laten je minstens 1x stuiteren.

Mamma.

Anonymous said...

ach, 1x stuiteren... op dat matje onder die rots stuitert het vast heel zacht, toch? :)
En, als ze je daarna dan maar opvangen.
cool pics chicky!
X Nelie