Monday 3 November 2008

Wednesday-Walkies



I have been raving about the fact that Christchurch is so close to the hills, Port Hills to be exact, but it's time for some visual help to understand why I love it that much.


One initiative which is definitely worth mentioning is Wednesday Walkies. The mother of a friend of my friend Michelle organises a 2 hour walk every Wednesday (that explains the name!) around the Port Hills. We gather at 7 PM and every week I get to see a new part of the hills. Most of the people in this group are my parents age, except Michelle, Steve, Michelle's flatmates Amy and Hamish and I. But don't be fooled: we sometimes have to run to keep up and while the 'older' bunch is cheerfully chatting and laughing away during the hike, we are often gasping for air and focussing on the walk...I have never met such fit people!

Last week we went to Diamond Harbour and I have taken some pictures of the bay, Lyttelton harbour, the sunset (yes, we hike with a head torch!) and one of the beautiful dogs which accompany us along the trip.


Have I told you lately that I'm in love with New Zealand? Well, I am. Deeply. Very much. And I think New Zealand loves me too...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice... :-)

Anonymous said...

hmmm, what to say... sounds good... keep up the pace ey!
xNeel

Anonymous said...

Geweldig! Ik herinner me dat je eens met "onze" groep (VU) hebt meegelopen op een zondag. Je zei toen dat je best zo'n groep zou willen hebben om regelmatig mee te lopen, maar dan moesten er wel wat meer jongeren bij zijn. Dat je dat in Nieuw Zeeland moet vinden, lekker.

Mamma.