Monday 23 February 2009

1 week ago... and last weekend while I am at it!

A week ago the most significant thing that happened was that Warrick, a good friend of Patricks, decided to drag Patrick in his kayak off the Hurunui River. Being the only one who never done proper kayaking, I got myself a 'sit-on-top' kayak and I went along with the cool people.

Thank God I'm comfortable in water and that I learned so much on the rafting trip in November, otherwise I would not have been as relaxed as last week. Result: I'm afraid I have another hobby to add to my list...It was great!

And this weekend Patrick had enough of my work ethics and he forceful dragged me to Akaroa where we had a relaxing weekend. The weather was crap on Saturday so it turned out to be lazy easily (for some people it comes more natural than others ;-)
So I finally had time to read. Some old Dutch newspapers my mum send me ages ago...I do love those proper newspapers. Ever thinking of sending me something: send me your old 'zaterdag Volkskrant' and I’m happy.

Of course we played some games and finally I got my act together: I won most of them. I think my brains were too tired from work lately to beat Patrick. Good to know I am back! (except for Penté, I'm still learning the tricks...)

All pictures from the past 6 weeks are stolen of Patrick's blog (although some of them are taken by me, thank you very much...).

2 comments:

patrick said...

Ok, hate to disabuse your readers... but I won most of the games is a barefaced lie.

You won one game of Tantrix (out of 4?), zero of Pente, and just scraped a win at mini-golf.. more out of pity 'cos you cried on the 14th hole.

Now, roll on the counter-slagging..

Anonymous said...

Het is toch wat. Ben je nu pas aan die krant begonnen? Dat is nieuws van vorig jaar.
Waar een weekend in een huisje 'met een dag niet zo'n goed weer' al niet goed voor is: eindelijk een update op je blog.
Gelukkig schrijft Patrick geregeld op zijn blog met veel foto's van jou. We blijven dus toch redelijk op de hoogte.

Groeten maar weer, mamma.