Monday 23 February 2009

4 and 3 weeks ago...

The lovely Patrick turned 30. Massive shock for him, but strangely enough the world just continued as it did before...But I have to admit that his English Garden party was a big hit. Fantastic hit.

Loads of great pictures (see his blog), but this one is lovely because it shows Berit and myself. Berit is mostly a climbing buddy, but basically a 'everything-else-too' buddy.


So difficult to buy something for the birthday boy, so I decide to take the easy way out and organise a weekend away with a theme. Turning 30 means that you are getting old, so what can you do to stay young? Exactly: do a competition, do something you have never done before and do some exercise.

As you might know, Patrick and I both have got a golf fetish, so when we noticed a sign 'Dutch Golf' a few months before, we had to do that. Which is basically 'boerengolf'. It was really fun. Let's keep it at that. Yes I lost with 1 point, but I did get to be the new 'course champion'. Damned proud I was (not)...

The something new element was horseback riding. I loved it, and I almost wet my pants by watching Patrick do his best not to fall off. It was hilarious. Poor Patrick, he is never going to do it again. But he tried which keeps him young...!

And bad luck for us, all the mountainbike tracks at Hamner were closed due to fire danger...Or good luck for the lazy among us...

No comments: