Monday 23 February 2009

5 weeks ago...

Véronique, my parents best friends daughter (are you still with me??) who I never met before, was on holiday in NZ. Of course both our parents just wanted us to get to know each other, but we saw through it.

My parents wanted her to check up on me and my life here, and her parents liked the thought of having a familiar person in NZ who maybe could hang out with their daughter.

Luck of the draw: we got on really really well! So, what do you do? Exactly, take her on all the trips I would do. I took her to Wednesday Walkies (she was knackered), it took her mountainbiking (bruise no 1), we went surfing (bruise no 2) and Steve, Patrick and I took her hiking for the weekend (helicopter ride no 1).

Yes, the hike was brilliant and lovely, but twist of faith (in this case twist of ankle) let Véronique brake her ankle. And of course: we were in a remote area, non accessible and still quite some mountain saddles to go. No other solution than a helicopter. Guess who was made to sit in the front all the way back to Christchurch...for 45 minutes!

No comments: